2.5K views

For about 2 weeks in February, I was told that they were simply "out" of malt powder. A few days I can understand, but 2 weeks?

I submitted an inquiry online via Sonic's website and no one ever contacted me. In fact, 3 days later I received a survey wanting my feedback on how satisfied I was with the resolution. Tonight, I tried one more time and was flatly interrupted with a "we don't have malts anymore." -- I called the OKSONIC line and the amoeba that answered told me they stopped carrying malts because it was a "one-time thing".

Seriously? I've been buying malts from Sonic for YEARS.

Looks like it's Whataburger and Dairy Queen from now on.

Review about: Sonic Milkshake.

Comments

I like the Strawberry Slushies from Sonic. They are Delicious!

I don't get why they dropped malts... They charged like it was a cup of gold and people kept paying for them.

Idiots at Sonic can screw up a wet dream. I bet they are missing my $30 bucks a week I USE to SPEND. TIMES MILLIONS like me. I can find other malts or make my own.

I don't understand why they drop a sonic staple that was pulling people in... Only to have to find something else that has not yet proven its self to draw in sales. You messed this one up good Sonic...

Even if you brought back malts... You lost me forever.

Nope. Bye, Sonic.

Just tried to order one in MS. Chocolate malts were the only reason to go there.

They have lost us as customers too. It was never the food that brought us to Sonic

No more malts, shame on you sonic. Whataburger here I come. So long sonic, it was good while it lasted.

No malts at Sonic? Then no “me” at Sonic. DQ here I come.

Agreed. Been getting malts for 20 years there. We have also been told this and have switched to Burger King

Same thing happened to me. No more Sonic. Their shakes aren’t that great, but their malts were really good.

On Wednesday I went with my sister to Sonic and found out that they DON'T have them anymore. I thought it was ONLY that Sonic so we drove to the other one and found out that they too DON'T serve them either.

I TOO am PISSED-OFF that Sonic DOESN'T make malts anymore! SCREW SONIC!! I'll go to DQ, SB, 5G or CSC from now on instead!!

When I visit the Chicagoland area I'll go to OD where they make the BEST malts. FAR BETTER than Sonic's!!!

I just learned of No More Malts last night. Thought, you CAN'T be serious??

Then I go online and read all this. Sonic was once THE place to go for good old American MALTS, Shakes, and Burgers. And, it stayed Consistent for Years, Decades. Up until last night, I had enjoyed the same Chocolate Malt in here in my mid Fifties that I had enjoyed in my Teens some 40 years ago.

Today, Sonic prefers selling Urine Colored and Tasting so-called Pickle Flavored Slushies, other Slushies with so much Food Coloring and Sugar that only increases Tooth Decay at an alarming rate, but might has contributed to obese conditions to frequent patrons, but possibly enhanced the chances of same patrons to develop diabetes sometime in their lives. Odd Hot Dogs, like the Pickle Dog, that I have never really seen or heard anyone order while sitting in a Sonic with my window down. 7 Pounds of Lettuce on regular Hamburgers now to make you believe your getting your Moneys worth. No more Girl Next Door Carhops that greeted you at your window with a smile, but Carhops who are hired off the Street and when they bring you your order, you KNOW you've seen them somewhere before.

Then an hour or so later you realize it was the same Crackhead you saw on LIVE PD being hauled off to jail during last Friday Nights episode, and so on.

I left last night without my Decades old "Regular" Small Chocolate Malt I had enjoyed almost all my Life. Sad to say, was probably the last time this PissedConsumer will have visited any Sonic from on here on out.

*** me off too! They cad any flavor to drinks and now they even offer a dill pickle slush!

But they can’t add malt to a shake! I’m not going there any more and I’ve been going to the sonic for malts for almost 40 years.

Hardee's (Carl's Jr) are doing the same. The price of malt order is crazy so I don't blame them but at least offer at a price!

I agree!! Bring back the malts or I’ll just make my own!!

No more malts at Sonic, Cold Cream creamery, Baskin Robbins. I feel like I'm living in a 3rd world country.

They've carried malts in TX for at least 40 years.

to D. Regg #1529864

Typical Texan trying to one-up everybody else hahaha. Yeah we've had a malts for years too that's why it's a terrible thing.

One-time-thing == DECADESASININE DECISION.

Don’t forget DQ

So funny (not), my husband went to get a malt with my daughter the other night and were rudely told they never had malts. Ummm wrong !! Well I was already upset with Sonic guess now we have one less place to eat out in our small town.

Haha Formersoniccustomer, i just did the exact same thingless than 5 minutes ago.Side note..I literally used to only stop at sonics because they had such good strawberry malts, and in a time where less and less places even know what a malt is.So not only did they lose what appears to be a lot of malt business, but a lot of food business too, because I used to get all kinds of things to eat when I would stop and im sure many others did the same.