Sonic - Review about Coupon from Dunnellon, Florida

Last 3 times we got half price shakes, they weren't half price.A large hot fudge shake is $4.49 and my half price discount was $2.10.

I might not be a genius but I can divide by 2. Wonder why they can't? Call Sonic 800 number and explained what happened.

Really didn't seem to care but I did receive a coupon for a free burger.So surprised that no one else has complained about this.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Product or service
Review category
Fast Food
review #649956

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Sonic? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 6 No 6
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 23, 2015 #998596

It's retarded people like you that ruin things for the rest of us. Obviously you can't divide by two or you wouldn't be on here complaining......what a ***.....

Jul 08, 2015 #1005130 Tulsa, Oklahoma

Hey dufus, half-price means divide the original price by this case it would be $2.24, giving the restaurant the penny benefit (though they should round in the customer's favor). I have had the same issue with Sonic's only discounting like 46% off rather than 50% aw advertised. Yes, I can calculate sales taxes, when I'm in a sales-tax state, because I have two master's degrees. This isn't about adding taxes after the discount. Sonic is systematically engaging in false advertising. I called their corporate help line and was told it was a local manager's fault at the local store, and it "would be taken care of." I've found the same practice in three different states now, in at least three different franchises (though more likely 5-6 different franchisee locations). If you complain to the manager they will admit that "there must be something wrong with the register" and they will give you the correct discount. It is surprising that most people apparently don't understand how to calculate a 50% discount and just go along happily for the ride while Sonic commits felony fraud (yes, felony fraud, because at the thousands of locations, selling millions of milkshakes every day, we're talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars in fraudulent advertising).

Jun 22, 2015 #998300 Kingman, Arizona

Does sales tax mean anything to you?

1 0 Reply

Jun 15, 2015 #995324

You're lucky that they gave you a free burger, as I see nothing wrong with the totals. (You don't get half price off of the hot fudge). Long story short, no one else has complained because there's nothing to complain about--aside from the fact that you apparently can't stay away from milkshakes.

6 0 Reply

Dec 09, 2015 #1076171 Aurora, Colorado

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.