My husband and I visited the sonic in Clanton AL about a month ago. I ordered a banana split and the girl over the speaker said “we don’t have banana splits but I guess I could make you one”.

I had been ordering banana splits from sonic for years but hadn’t been in a while so I thought maybe they just changed the menu up and removed the banana split. Anywho, I get to the window and they charged me almost $7.00 for one banana split. I apologized, told her I didn’t realize it would be so expensive and asked her if I could just get a refund as she had already swiped my card without telling me the total. (I saw it on my receipt) She said sure that she hadn’t made it yet.

So then she sent a younger girl to the window with my card to tell me the money would be back on there in the next couple of days. After about a week, I made a call to the store one evening to ask about the refund. I was told again that the money would be on my card just to be patient. Here it is a month later and still no refund.

I know you guys are probably thinking “oh my god it’s just seven dollars” but that was my seven dollars that I worked for. I would have just been happy with a store credit or a free burger or something.

Review about: Sonic Banana Split Dessert.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

I go to Sonic regularly but after today I won’t be going back. I went to Sonic during happy hour and only ordered a large Dr Pepper.

$1.27 . I realized I only had a $20.00 bill. When the guy brought it to me I asked if he had change and he said yes. He went to get change and came back and handed me rolled up money and took off.

I opened them up and it was only $17.00. So I wa pissed and I pushed the button and told them I didn’t get the change I was supposed to so they sent the guy back. He hands me a dollar in quarters and begins to walk off. I said oh no You still owe me .73 cents so he finally gives it to me and leaves.

The point is does Sonic employees know how to make change. I guess not!!